Supro's 1696RT Black Magick Reverb electric guitar combo amplifier is engineered to replicate the highly customized Supro that Jimmy Page used to record much of the early Zeppelin guitar tracks. Based on the acclaimed 1695T Black Magick combo, the Black Magick Reverb is even better with a tube-driven spring reverb, a 2-band EQ, and a Master volume knob, for more sonic flexibility. And the two channels can be run independently or in parallel for even more crunch and tone-shaping options. The Supro 1696RT Black Magick Reverb combo amplifier will instantly take you back to the tones of "Good Times Bad Times" and "Communication Breakdown."
For rock fans, the guitar tones on Led Zeppelin 1 are some of the most revered in history. While they sound like a huge stack of screaming amps, in reality, much of those tones were conjured from Jimmy's highly customized 1 x 12" Supro combo. The Black Magick is a re-creation of that amp, down to the replaced speaker baffle from when Page converted the amp from a 2 x 10" design. Crank this amp up and bask in those iconic sounds while enjoying touch-sensitive levels of grit.
Like the original, the Black Magick boasts two separate channels with their own inputs. On this new model, however, the channels can easily be run separately or in parallel. The parallel option cascades the channels together for increased gain, tone shaping, and sensitivity. You can also use an additional A/B pedal to switch between the two channels for different tones. And it's also possible to run two separate instruments through the Black Magick simultaneously.
The Black Magick sounds so good that just cranking it up and digging in is well worth the price of admission. But the 1696RT also boasts a stellar tube-driven tremolo, with double the speed range compared to its predecessor. The trem's depth and dimension can be switched via footswitch (not included). An uncommon pair of 6973 power tubes is what delivers the immediately recognizable midrange of the amplifier. And the 1696RT is covered in black rhino Tolex that makes it visually stand out from most other tube combo amps on the market today. Needless to say, guitarists at Sweetwater are stoked for this amp!
- Updated version of the acclaimed 1695T Black Magick combo
- Combo amp that replicates Jimmy Page's famous Supro
- Tube-driven 6-spring reverb onboard for washes of ambience
- 2-band EQ for powerful tone-shaping potential
- Master volume control allows you to crank preamp gain without getting "too loud"
- Tube-based tremolo LFO circuit offers double the speed range compared to the original Black Magick
- 25 watts into a custom 12" speaker
- 2 channels can be run parallel, individually, or with 2 instruments simultaneously
- Tube tremolo controlled by footswitch (not included)
- 2 x 6973 power tubes