Ibanez - SR5FMDXEGL
For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
All Ibanez Premium series are manufactured with select tone woods, high-profile electronics, hardware and dedicated skills of craftsmanship and care in details for your musical journey. The richness of sound, stunning appearance and unrivalled playability of the Ibanez Premium series will open the gate of your reservoir of inspiration.
This 5-string solidbody bass offers impeccable playability, huge tones, and major flexibility that all bass players will appreciate. First up comes an ash/flamed maple/bubinga body with an eye-grabbing flamed maple/bubinga top that serves up a balanced, resonant tone.
- Atlas 5pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart neck provides a well-balanced note attack and tone with rich sustain.The neck is constructed with KTS™ TITANIUM reinforcement rods, increasing its stability and adding sustain.
- Birdseye Maple fretboard has a unique wood grain and features a well-balanced tonal character from low to high end.
- Medium frets with Premium fret edge treatment - Medium sized frets enhances the accuracy to your notes. The Premium Fret Edge Treatment offers a super smooth, comfortable performance.
- Flamed Maple / Bubinga top & back / Ash body - The combination of beautiful Flamed Maple and Bubinga enhances the beauty of the signature body shape of sound gear and the Ash body delivers a pleasant brightness and rich sustain.
- Nordstrand™ Big Break pickups cram a meaty split coil into a soapbar-style pickup, producing a full-bodied, powerful, aggressive tonal texture, while still retaining the clarity that's characteristic of single coil tone with noiseless performance.
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ is the latest refinement on the concept of simple, straightforward, no-nonsense EQ control. The Boost and Cut for the Mid Control are each centered on slightly different frequencies, an innovation that delivers a preset range of the most favorable bass tones.
- Gotoh® machine heads provide super precision, smooth feel, and minimal back lush.
- The MR5S bridge has adjustable saddles for variable string spacing by +/- 1.5mm, answering every bassist's specific string spacing needs.
- EQ bypass control (passive tone control on treble pot) offers precision tonal adjustments, including a switch to choose passive-only operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
- 3-way Mid frequency switch allow players to change the mid-tone between 250, 450, and 700 Hz.